The first Walke(DD-34) was launched on 3 November 1910; sponsored by Miss Mildred Walke Walter, granddaughter of Rear Admiral Walke; and commissioned on 22 July 1911 at the Boston Navy Yard, Lieutenant Charles R. Train in command. It was laid down on 5 March 1910 at Quincy, Massachusetts, by the Fore River Shipbuilding Company.
The second Walke(DD-416) was laid down on 31 May 1938 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 20 October 1939, sponsored by Mrs. Clarence Dillon, grandniece of the late Rear Admiral Walke; and commissioned on 27 April 1940, Lt. Comdr. Carl H. Sanders in command.
The third Walke(DD-723) was laid down on 7 June 1943 at Bath, Maine, by the Bath Iron Works; launched on 27 Octob
er 1943; sponsored by Mrs. Douglas Dillon; and commissioned at the Boston Navy Yard on 21 January 1944, Comdr. John C. Zahm in command.